Keeping motivated

The best way I found to stay motivated is by going on YOUTUBE and watching crossfit workouts. Crazy I know but I don't have a workout partner to motivate me. Try it and see if it works for you.....

DSmitty said:
Just wondering what everyone else does to stay motivated to work out?

Motivation is tough to come by when you don't have a partner who's willing to push themselves or you. I try and set goals early in the year and hound my buddies to get out and hit the wights with me or at the very least go for some hikes looking for sheds.

Watch elk hunting videos and go work out. It constantly reminds me what shape I need to be in when those guys are humping with packs on and looking at 800 pound animals on the ground....works for me.
I also take an IPAD and ear buds to the gym and set it up when riding a bike and watch videos of elk hunting. ELK101 has some great webisodes to get you moving. Youtube will give you plenty. I just havent learned to put DVD's on my IPAD yet...soon

It is just knowing that the Mountains dont get flatter, nor shorter and that father time and lack of exercise make for a difficult venture when the time arrives if not in shape! Additionally, spending 000's of dollars on non-resident tags and not wanting to waste them is BIG motivator ::) Lastly, we all only have so many elk seasons in our lifetime, I dont want to miss out on any days afield if at all possible. 

http://traintohunt.com/challenges/ sign up for one of these and then you have to workout to compete and stay in shape at the same time.

For me it is easy, I love Elk Hunting, and I know with being 61 years old, if I don't work out and keep myself in good shape, my Elk hunting days will be over. so I work out at-least every other day 7 days a week. year around, and as the season gets closer a lot of times I work out 7 days a week.

Kevin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back