Legit/Custom First Aid Kit

Flying Forester

Jul 7, 2015
I?m interested in putting together a legit first aid kit. Something that goes beyond an off the shelf consumer grade kit. I want what an EMT or Paramedic would carry if he/she were to go backpack hunting.

Does anyone have a list of the items they would carry in this kit?  What container/pouch would you use?  How much weight does one give to a first aid kit? 

Given that common everyday cuts and such are a much bigger deal in the backcountry, I want to be thoroughly prepared so that I can address problems adequately and correctly and possibly avoid cutting my trip short

Thanks.

I personally just use a small diy kit with the same essentials as most store bought kits (Adventure Medical Kits), but I have this video saved in case I want a more serious kit and I can put this together: https://youtu.be/b35VWJZVZEQ

A little pricey to put together but it may be what you are looking for .

Each kit is kind of different depending on how far you are going and if you want it just in a day pack. I recommend Black Scout Survival YouTube channel, he goes in depth into different first aid kits. He has a lot of different videos, some are modular kits pre made, and others are DIY, but you can take ideas from the modular kits as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back