Listen to the guide

timberland

Aug 27, 2015
Read posts about listening to landowner advice reminds me of my cousin\'s story. Four guys hired a guide to Whitetail hunt on islands on Lake of the Woods. The islands are filled with deer and during the rut the bucks will swim from island to island cruizing for does. The guide would drop each one off on the shore saying \"stand by that rock\" or \"stand here but face this way.\" Also, he had a Jack Russell Terrier, and he said \"If he barks, there is a buck coming out, if he doesn\'t than its just does or nothing.\" He would then take the dog back to the other side of the island and let him out to. One guy in the group refused to believe anything the guy told him, and figured he knew better places to sit, etc. My cousin said it was embarrassing how the guy got more stubborn as other hunters filled their tags and bucks slipped by him or he had missed opportunities. He got almost argumentative.

Well, 75% success wasn\'t that bad on 3-5 yr old bucks. :D (And the dog was right 100%)

never guide the guide. if your gonna pay to hunt there is a reason your paying them. if your gonna diy then diy an save the money. if its a landowner an they are letting you hunt they dont mind you killing whatever so listen to them. at least til you see an know otherwise. last year i pronghorn hunted on a guy that told me where the goats were coming from to water. all the goats i seen were on the other side an i couldnt shoot from where i had the blind. i think it was just bad luck though, not the landowner, an i appreciated his info.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back