Locator Bugle Sounds

Slow-1

May 20, 2013
Long time lurker first time poster thanks in advance .
I have taken a half dozen bulls over the years with calling so I?m not a rookie, but not a seasoned pro either.
So in the last few years I have noticed when myself and my elk hunting partners our locator bugling they will answer my partners more than me, and yet to our ears we can't tell the difference?
We use the same reeds and tubes is there possibly some kind of pitch/frequency that the human ear can't hear that they can?
Just seems weird to me when we stand side by side and they will answer them more than me?
Thanks Slow-one

Jason Phelps has the same problem when he's hunting with Dirk Durham!  :lol:

That is tough to isolate I'm sure.  I don't notice a big difference between my calls and my hunting buddies, but I consistently get more responses on my bugles and he gets more responses on his cow calls.  Maybe a slight difference in volume, inflections in your voice, how quickly the pitch transitions into higher notes, or just coincidence/times he's calling before or after you.  Hard to say for me, because I've yet to figure it out myself.

On a positive note....if he's calling in more bulls when you're the shooter...you win! ;D

I just wonder if there isn't some kind of ultrasonic frequency that the human ear can't pick up.
Is there would be some way to test this?
Of course I have no problem with the frontal shot so if I call them in winner winner elk dinner.

Slow-1 said:
I just wonder if there isn't some kind of ultrasonic frequency that the human ear can't pick up.
Is there would be some way to test this?

We got any engineering students on this forum doing their thesis on some fancy acoustic mumbo jumbo?  :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back