Magnus Stinger buzzcut

Hoyt_96

Aug 29, 2018
Has anyone here ever used a buzzcut to kill an elk? If so how did it do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoyt_96, I shoot 100 gr Magnus Stingers but they aren't the buzzcut.  Worked just fine!  I didn't get a pass thru but that's more because of my choosing speed over weight of my arrow.

I?ve not put them through an animal yet, but I did buy some to tinker with and they fly great

Dan/Hoyt_96, any concerns with sharpening these blades?  Half of the blade is smooth and other half serrated - part of the reason I just went with their regular heads.

colorado russ said:
Dan/Hoyt_96, any concerns with sharpening these blades?  Half of the blade is smooth and other half serrated - part of the reason I just went with their regular heads.
They?re lifetime warranty so you can just send it back and get new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of my group all shoot stingers and love them.  Can't use serrated blades in Idaho or we would use buzzcuts.  Unless you hit a big bone you will get two holes consistently with elk.  They will penetrate as good or better than anything out there.

Hoyt, I believe the lifetime warranty is for if you break a head or chip the blade where it can't be fixed/sharpened.  I have sent 2 back and they immediately replaced the blades but they were damaged.  Not to say they wouldn't just send you some sharpened replacement blades but the regular stingers are easy to sharpen and can be honed to shaving sharp.

Just switch to these heads. Unfortunately, haven't shot an elk yet with one, but did shoot a whitetail. Blew right through, good blood trail, expired in site at 60 yard. I'm loving them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mike has said, if you try to sharpen them and screw them up, send them back. Best CS in Archery, but I?d feel bad about sending heads back that I messed up. I sent a photo of a busted bleeder and me sent me a whole new head. Don?t know how he does it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back