Midnight Tomorrow - Anyone

mjblowers

Aug 8, 2013
Anyone else going to go out about midnight near in and/or around their hunting spot to just listen to see if any of our friends are moving around?

I wish man, my weekend is wrapped up in a wedding... However it is in glacier park so maybe i'll take a late hike and listen for em on the ridge line.

We'll be laying in a bivy tent under the stars, waiting for daylight.... :) It's hard to believe it's here already! Good luck everyone!

buglelk said:
We'll be laying in a bivy tent under the stars, waiting for daylight.... :) It's hard to believe it's here already! Good luck everyone!
Amen brother!!! Last year it seemed so far away, it's finally here. Confidence booster goat on the ground, bow is throwing darts.. Lets do this thing!!! Good luck every one!!!

I have never felt more prepared than I am this year.  I have prepared physically and mentally, dialed in the equipment list to only necessities and I shot in a league all summer which dramatically improved my accuracy with the bow.  Now if I could just get some sleep at night.......!! Good luck to all you folks, I hope this season brings all you seek to achieve!

I sure wish I could. I start my work week today but I do have time off starting the 11 of sept. time needs to fly.

I literally mean ... I'm going to be sitting on my butt (thinking everything that every twig snap is a wolf/bear) tomorrow night hoping to hear some chatter from the elk.  I need all the help I can get! Hoping some elk has a big mouth and is running it to let me know I'm in the right spot...

No scouting here, but in two weeks ill be making the 24 hour drive from south louisiana to Colorado.  Can't wait!  Should be hearing bugles my first night there, if its like all the other years I've gone. 

I remember my first elk hunt all I really wanted to do, to call it a great hunt, was to climb to the top of a mountain and hear a bugle. Did both on the first night and took an elk on opening morning!

So ready to go! Good luck everyone!

Working a 12 hour shift tonight, packing up the truck and heading out on a 3 hour drive. Then back packing in about 3 miles to camp.  I'll be exhausted but I'm sure I won't be able to sleep.  I'll be way too excited! :D

Have to work till 6am opening day but get to hunt till Monday first year with a bow can't wait just sharpend broadheads pack ready just working till then 12hr shifts 60hr week no sleep till sat night after 6 mile hike  :)....good thing im young  ::) GOOD LUCK TO ALL

We'll arrive in Colorado about midday on Friday.  Leaving after work tonight and driving straight through from MO.  First time for the three of us.  I'm like a kid on Christmas eve.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back