Montana Elk non resident


New member
Dec 28, 2012
I am looking at hunting Montana as my son is getting stationed there. I normally hunt the Idaho Elk OTC units. Looking at the licensing it looks like there is an Elk License and an Elk Permit. Is both required for Montana for a non resident as well as a general license? Is the permit only required for the draw units? Just started looking so not sure of the unit number yet.


Jun 4, 2013
Hopefully you get the answer your looking for but you might want to contact Montana FWP directly. This website has been awfully slow lately. I'm afraid I don't have any info for you.