Moose in Idaho

I would focus in on eastern or southeast Idaho. There are more moose over in that part of the state and there are probably bigger bulls that direction as well. I've hunted mule deer over there and I saw a few good bulls while doing so. When I put in for moose in Idaho that's where I plan on putting in.

I have seen them above Sun Valley, but the bulls were not much for size.  My buddy and I had to wait 45 minutes one morning when two young bulls (named Click & Clack) decided to spar and posture on the trail on our way to our elk hunting spot.  It was right at the river crossing, so we ended up trying to move them along with a well placed river stone on the hind quarters.  It was quite the spectacle.

Here is why I was asking, because I have been seeing more moose on some days than elk, and they are always down low, near a road and not real skittish about us humans.

Attachments

• IMGP1668.jpg
    IMGP1668.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMGP1669.jpg
    IMGP1669.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 35
I hunted the northern part of the state.  Thick timber country that really limited sightings.  I did get lucky and call in a really nice bull on the third day of the hunt.

Here are a few pics ofa bull I got about 40 yards from while hunting deer in southeast Idaho in 2010. We've seen bigger bulls in the area as well. When I put in I'll put in on this unit. We've found moose sheds in the area as well and one we found was really nice!

Attachments

• Idaho_Moose (1).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Idaho_Moose (2).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Idaho_Moose (3).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 0
This year while deer hunting i ran into some bull moose just outside of Boise. I was surprised to see them like im sure they were to see me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back