Mystery Ranch Giveaway!!

cohunter14

Administrator
Jul 10, 2017
We've got another giveaway for you guys! The winner of this giveaway will receive a Mystery Ranch Spotting Scope Sling (in Foliage) and a Mystery Ranch Stick-It Plus (in Blaze Orange). These are compatible with any pack, so you don't need a Mystery Ranch pack to use these.

To enter, comment below and tell us the following:
1) What state(s) are you hunting this year?
2) How many days are you hunting
3) What percentage chance would you give yourself in filling your tag?

To be eligible to win, you must have a minimum of five posts on the forum. The contest will run until next Thursday, August 22nd at 12:00pm MST.

Images of the products are below, but feel free to learn more at Mystery Ranch's website:

Good luck!

1723738837607.png

1723738814293.png

For me this year....
1. Home state of Montana, and New Mexico
2. I'll hunt any and every day I have available. If not my tag then hopefully my wife's or friends' tags. (probably 80 days if partial days are included)
3. NM is a totally new state for me, but it is a pretty good tag that I plan to be picky with. I'd say 50/50.
I've lived in MT my entire life and haven't had to eat tag soup yet with my tag, but it is elk hunting and you never know. 90/10

Hunting Utah, my home state, and that will probably be it.
I've got 10 days set aside for the OTC Archery Elk hunt and I've got a Dedicated Hunter tag for Buck Mule Deer
With that kind of time in the field, I'm optimistic about a 50/50 chance on the elk and deer.

When you say a minimum of 5 posts on the forum, do you mean this specific Mystery Ranch Giveaway or the Campfire forum or any Elk101 forums?

Home state of Illinois, over the border in Indiana and definitely Colorado. Looking at 14 days in Colorado, probably 10 days in Indiana and 60+ in Illinois. Being semi retired is great.
Percentage on deer, 100%. On elk, 50/50.

Last edited:
Wyoming, New Mexico, Colorado

2) How many days are you hunting-
up to 8 in Wyoming then up to 11 in New Mexico and Colorado combined into one trip

In Wyoming as part of a 4 man group.... 75%, New Mexico and Colorado I'll be hunting with my wife, different units in New Mexico but close and a small piece of private in Colorado. I think we'll have an opportunity to fill each of those tags.

Just my home state of Idaho for OTC elk and deer. Probably turkeys and ducks at some point too.

Days? As many as possible. I don't normally schedule any work during September but I'm behind on a few things so I will have to work during part of it. Our elk season is a month long then I have about 7 weeks for whitetails or 2 weeks for mulies on my deer tag. Plus some other shorter seasons with different weapons that I usually don't have time to participate in.

Chances to fill my tags. 100% on deer. The only reason I won't fill a deer tag is if I pass on too many animals but opportunities for deer are usually there if you put in the time.

Elk on the other hand I put at 50/50. The harvest success rate in my unit is around 8% but I get to spend more time in the woods than most and I have been filling elk tags at a rate of about 50%. I'll be happy if I just get into some bugling activity and have some encounters. Last year was pretty quiet where I hunt.

- CO: Hunting Elk Mid Oct
- MT: Hunting Mule Deer end of Oct
- Home State MN: Hunting Whitetail
2) How many days are you hunting
- Both CO and MT are limited days for me either due to season length or just travel/vacation time. CO we will try to be out there 7 or 8 days (includes 2-3 days ahead of 5 day season), and MT we typically arrive 1-2 days ahead of the general opener and stay for 7 days. My home state deer hunting will be suffering a little, but I am planning to squeeze in the youth hunt with my son between CO and MT. Otherwise, I will get out with my bow as often as I can starting mid Sept.
- Elk: <1% (first elk hunt ever this year. looks like I should hunt with any one of the other members here though. I'd be super pumped to even get eyes on some elk this year. With how much other forums 'dog' on Colorado and how packed it is, I'm not overly optimistic we'll get eyes on much else other than hunters)
- Mule Deer: 100%
- Whitetail: 100%

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back