New Hunters

MTbowhunter1984

Dec 29, 2012
Do you enjoy taking someone new out in the field and seeing them succeed or filling the tags yourself?  I have a little guy on the way any day and can't wait to take him out and pass down what I have been taught by so many influence in my life.

Definately taking someone new is way more important to me than me harvesting something. I keep trying to get my wife to buy an elk tag. She just wants to shoot deer though. Someday I will get her to wanna kill an elk

MT_Mulies,
Sounds like a good problem to have!. I don't think I could ever convince my girlfriend to come out hunting. Fishing was hard enough. I agree with you guys though taking someone new out and showing the ropes so to speak and seeing them get that passion for the sport is pretty cool.

This past season (late rifle in AZ) I had the opportunity to hunt with an old friend and help him get his first bull. Seeing how excited he was was just as good as filling my own tag (which I did two days later).

I'm looking forward to hunting with my son (he's 9) and helping him harvest his first elk when he draws a tag. He enjoys being in the woods with my Dad and I, and it sure is fun being able to pass along all the things that my Dad taught me.

I have an 8 year old step-son  that im trying to get interested in hunting and then i have an 9 month old son who i cant wait to introduce to the outdoors as soon as it gets warm outside.

I have taken 8 first time youth elk hunters out the last 3 years and we have filled 7 cow tags.  I found a landowner with 14,000 acres that only allows youth hunters in the late December season.  There is NOTHING that beats the the smile on a kid's face after their first harvest.  Anymore, I find these to be my favorite hunts of the year.

It is definitely more fulfilling to help someone realize their dream than your own. I really enjoy taking youth hunters out on the Wasatch front to have a chance to fill their archery tag. Whether youth or not I enjoy helping other hunters fill their tags when they need help. I still have some goals I am shooting for but if I can help at least one other hunter tag out then the season is a success regardless of their age.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back