New Mexico Camo and Weather

george

Aug 5, 2013
I will be hunting in NM for the first time Oct 15-20.  Any suggestions on Camo and the weight of the clothing I should expect.  What about the weather and do I need scent control.  I am a PA whitetail hunter and this is my first trip out west.  Any tips would be appreciated.

George, I live in  NM and it depends on where/unit you are hunting.
  Mid Oct is when I usually hunt here. I'm in SW NM and I use Outfitter camo from cabellas and it works great in all areas,same with the Sitka type patterns. Your woodland types not so good in open country as they are too dark for most part.
My rain gear is Real Tree AP  Rain Suede. You'll need rain gear ,snow or rain possible even in the desert here.
Temps could be in 80's or 40's during day and from 40's to 0 at night, never know here.

Very green, wet and could be early fall this year. Bulls were bugling till Oct 20th last year.    PM me.

NM,if you don't like the weather ,wait an hour,it'll change.....

I'm new here but saw your message about NM Camo and weather, I am going to be hunting in unit 15 starting Oct 12 with Muzzle loader do you have any encouraging info for me it sounds like there has been a slot of moisture this year

Howdy Codybones,
I'm 8 mi from 15. Great hunt you drew in one of the best units in state. PM me and I'll give you some tips..... ;)

First rubs showed up last week and I heard faint bugles on the mesa behind me the other night.
Neighbor had a herd bull and cows talking /bugling all night long . 3 nights ago, 5 miles away.
Raining almost every day some where here. Tons of water and feed.

Anybody heard anything about how the Bow hunters are doing in unit 15 this week in New Mexico?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back