New Mexico unit

moonie

Jan 2, 2013
which unit if yoiu had to pick only one would you put in for your best chance to draw a tag, and have a resonable chance of killing an elk?
I'm thinking of putting in for Nm and if not picked go OTC Colorado. any recomendations for an out-of -state hunter?

Unit 15, 16A and 16D are my choices. These are my personal choices, but then again I'm a resident and these units have great numbers and quality of bulls.

I agree with airmanharv08. Those units would be my choice also. I'm going to N.M. In 2014 draw a tag or buy a unit tag.....I will be there.

The odds in the 16 units as an OOSer are pretty slim, and although I put in for the Gila units I think the better opportunity hunts (chance to draw + chance to connect) are in units 51, 52 and 45.  Since cutting the NR tags for this year it may all be moot though. :-\

Put in for the very best units with your first two choices and then your third could be an easier to draw tag out of Chama. When your name come out of the draw in NM, you have a shot at your 1st - 3rd choices.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back