NM Archery Hunting - Need Outfitter Recommendations

matman

Jun 16, 2018
Hey guys I plan on trying my luck at archery Hunting NM for elk this year. I am still looking around at the units I plan to draw for; however, I plan on utilizing an outfitter to draw through them. Hopefully the extra 4% will help me get a tag. My question to y?all is what outfitters out there do you trust and have experience with archery elk hunting in NM? I am mainly looking at the outfitter for draw odds and scouting. I will not need camps, food, etc. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I am going with 505 outfitters. Heard great things about them and after speaking with Pete I believe this was the right choice. Extremely helpful individual.

matman said:
Hey guys I plan on trying my luck at archery Hunting NM for elk this year. I am still looking around at the units I plan to draw for; however, I plan on utilizing an outfitter to draw through them. Hopefully the extra 4% will help me get a tag. My question to y?all is what outfitters out there do you trust and have experience with archery elk hunting in NM? I am mainly looking at the outfitter for draw odds and scouting. I will not need camps, food, etc. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I would PM wapitijoe on this forum.  He works as a guide for an outfitter and flat out gets it done! Never met him but when we exchanged pms when I drew NM he was super dialed in.

montanaelk31 said:
matman said:

I would PM wapitijoe on this forum.  He works as a guide for an outfitter and flat out gets it done! Never met him but when we exchanged pms when I drew NM he was super dialed in.

Great advice!

Call Tom Klumker at San Francisco River Outfitters.

I hunted with him last season and had a great hunt and was fortunate enough to take a bull (my first animal with a bow).

100% of his bowhunters had opportunities with one guy in my camp sending 2 arrows over the back of a 400ish bull.

His camp, guides, stock, etc. are great as well.

https://sanfranciscoriveroutfitters.com/trophy-hunts/

Thank you all for the recommendations. I will look into all your suggestions! I appreciate the feedback.

I ended up contracting 505 Outfitters. They are able to hunt any unit and assisted in shining a light on a few units I was unsure about. Ultimately they aligned with the minimalist approach I was looking for, along with the ability to do much more if wanted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back