Performance Clothing?

basco

Jan 4, 2013
What brand of clothing do you use for your backcountry adventures? RUSSEL, KUIU, C4E, SITKA, KRYPTEK, UNDER ARMOR?
For the longest time it seemed  I would have to buy some new hunting pants every year. The first Sitka line treated me well, and lasted a few years, which is a long time for me. After Sitka parted ways I almost went with KUIU do to my experience with the first Sitka line but I decided to give Kryptek a go since I'm a Vet and all. Not only is the  CEO a Idaho native but he and his partner risked their lives so we can do what we love to do every fall, let alone coming out with awsome clothing to aid in success. I have been a montian mimicry junky for several years, but the Kryptek highlander pattern turned me in a hurry. It is retailed at a great price point  and I have no complaints about the performance and quality yet. Every new company has it issues, and Kryptek has made their adjustments and they did so fast. Thats my $.02
What do the rest of you prefer?

I have been using russel for the last few years with very good results.. However, I have been using Predator gear this year and I am very pleased!!!

First Lite has been the best for me, but I have used too many to list that have worked well.
There are quite a few non hunting companies out there that make good technical clothing if you don't care about camo.

I have yet to dive into performance clothing yet.  As of now I just have camo pants and shirt (mostly cotton i think, terrible) and I have a columbia camo shell for rain.  But when I do I think I am going first lite merino everything and kuiu rain gear

I have only tried Sitka, and my mind was made up in a hurry.  I love the stuff and will use nothing else.  Last year I made the plunge and off loaded pretty much every piece of camo I had.  To say it was well worth it is an understatement.  Like I said I have never tried any of the others so can't comment on them, but if you have ever contemplated on buying Sitka due to price or any other question, it will be one of the best investments you can make.  Nothing wrong with the others, just Sitka is my preference.

I absolutely love my Sitka gear And would never go to anything else. It may bea bit expensive but it's quality gear. I'm a Sitka guy for life.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back