Progress so far...

nateysmith

Aug 8, 2013
Just checking in with everyone.  How is it going for you? So far I am only about 8lbs away from where I want to be coming elk season.  I am feeling better than I ever have before.  I can see I can run farther, and lift more.  I have been doing a circuit workout every other day and on the off days I do cardio (3-4 mile run, plus a few miles on the stair machine).  Protein supplements have really helped me.  What about you guys? What have you seen? Successes or failures?

well not having a tag this year i have been lazy when i should be hitting it hard i am behind my goals by a lot im 25 lbs over where i want to be but i have been getting back on the horse and pushing hard the last two weeks. i decided that even though i am not going out west this year that i am going to pack into the 70,000 acre national forest for a five day back country Missouri bow hunt in October for whitetail just to stay in the game. 

I'm actually ahead of schedule. I've given up weight lifting having done it all my life my joints can't handle it anymore. I stick to pushups, chins etc for upper body.

For my lungs and legs I simulate what i'm training for, and just hike the mountains with weighted backpacks. Normally I slack off some in the winter, but this year I didn't do it. I used snowshoes, and kept hiking the mountains through the whole winter.

I never gain weight, so I don't need to work off any weight. I just need to keep my legs, back, and lungs in shape.

At 71 years old i'm still hunting elk at timberline alone. So, i'm happy my training is working for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back