Rabbits?

dplumlee12

Dec 28, 2012
Anybody hunt small game with your bow?  I've been thinking about it but haven't tried it yet.  Any recommendations on what arrow? broadhead?
How to do it without destroying a bunch of arrows.

I have some Gold Tip Big Game Arrows (super tough) and use a G5 smallgame broadhead for grouse and rabbits.  These are mostly targets of opportunity, but I carry one arrow in my quiver just in case.  I don't go through as many arrows as with other types.  Also, the distance is not as great so being slightly off on arrow spine issues is not as evident.

I carry one G5 small game broadhead with me but during the off season i get out there right at dusk and hunt rabbits.  It definitely helps with my accuracy and its a lot of fun.

I use Gold Tip pro hunter arrows when I hunt with my compound. I don't break as many as I thought I would shooting at ground critters. I too keep an arrow in my quiver with a judo tip attached.
I also use a long bow and hunt rabbits and ground hogs with it. I mostly use Flu Flu arrows but keep some old broad head tipped normal fletched arrows in my quiver for those longer shots.  :D

I use my normal hunting arrows with a judo tip....although one time I did shoot a rabbit with an Atom. It did the job.

I purchased 2 of the judo tips but have not hunted with them yet.  This weekend might be the right time.

My blunt tips acted just like a field point on grouse.  Fullpenetration and then I watched him fly off to die somewhere I couldn't find.

I like the g-5 small game tips. Im sure they would work well for rabbits. Ive killed Birds with them.

Never tried rabbits, Have done Groundhogs in summertime. great stalking practice. The best conditions are when the hay is about mid-calf height. High enough to see a groundhog standing up, but low enough to put the sneak on when they go down.

I use old hunting arrows and a zwickey judo tip.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back