Rage broad heads

i wouldnt have an issue using them as long as they are legal to use which in most states they are and i dont know which ones they arnt lol

For me, I am more of a fixed broadhead shooter.  Not to say mechanicals aren't great.  I have heard really good things about Rage broadheads.

I’ve shot lots of whitetails and turkeys with Rage broadhead and never had a single issue or failure. That being said, I’m not sure I would hunt elk with them. I think I’d rather use a strong fixed blade head for elk. Just my opinion

Five years ago I used a 3 bladed rage broadhead. That year I was lucky enough to shoot a deer and an elk. The deer it worked great on the elk not so much. Then again we have one guy in elk camp that shoots the 2 bladed rage and has harvested two elk with no problem. For me I went back to a fixed blade.

My $0.02....I wouldn't use any expandable for elk, ever.

On deer I think they are great, but there is just too much that can go wrong with an elk. From personal experience seeing how both penetrate and what a lot of guides have reported, stick with a good fixed blade broadhead. Why risk breaking blades on bone, premature opening in flight, not opening on contact, etc.?

Only my personal preference here, but I shoot Slick Trick standards and G5 Montec CS's for elk and have had consistantly good results.

I used Rage hypodermics last year.  The blades broke on deer and animal not recovered. All my elk hunting buddies and I used Ulmer Edge on elk last year with great results.
Just think the blade angle on Hypos are too steep and cut too large.

I shot a bull with a two blade rage one year and it cleaned house not a great blood trail but he didn't go far. Next year I shot a bull same angle and it just sliced him open down his side and ricocheted off. Same thing with a broadside deer, so I went back to fixed blade, I just hate the feeling of wounding an animal it's not worth it.

This probably isn't the endorsement rage was hoping for letting primos use there stuff, but I just watched the last elk video and on of them hits an elk perfect coule of inches behind the shoulder...well I have never seen less penatration that didn't hit a humerus or scapula!  He recovered the elk, but I would never shoot something that a rib could stop. 

Was considering running with mechanicals and even had my arrow set up all dialed in with a lower profile vane. But after reading a lot of posts and being that this will be my first year for elk I've decided to go with a fixed broadhead.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405612879449.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.
Back