Recurve elk hunters?

nclonghunter

Dec 28, 2012
I got a new RER Vital recurve and I plan on elk hunting with it in 2013. It's a 50# at 28" takedown. I will use cut on contact broadheads.
Any recurve elk hunters here? Would like to hear some of your stories.

Have not hunted Elk with a recurve, yet.
I bought a Black Widow recurve this fall to use in an AZ javelina hunt in January.
Still taking my compound just in case though.

Look into Strickland Archery Helix Arrowheads.

Ghost, I hear those Black Widows are great bows. I also fight with the compound recurve selection. If I lived in the heart of elk country it would be a much easier choice.
I will look at those broadheads, Thanks.

I hunt with both, I have not killed anything with my recurve yet, but will keep trying! :-\  I love shooting the recurve, it is way more fun than the compound. 

nclonghunter said:
Ghost, I hear those Black Widows are great bows. I also fight with the compound recurve selection. If I lived in the heart of elk country it would be a much easier choice.
I will look at those broadheads, Thanks.

BlackWidow bows are incredible. There are however a lot of good bows out there.

I was just handed down a re-curve from my grandfather who can't pull it back any more.  I will be new to hunting with a recurve but grew up shooting traditional and am excited for a new challenge.  I have a cousin who is exceedingly accurate with traditional bow and arrow and will be receiving instruction as well.  i anticipate two years practice to become confident enough to let fly at an animal in the field. As in most adventures, the more time spent the more payoff in the end.

Good deal Montana_BackCountry. It does take a lot of practice to be consistent with a recurve or longbow but it's awesome. That being said, I'm not ready to stop using my compound bow.

i know what you mean, I love my bowtech patriot.  I do it A: to honor the gift and B: for nostalgic purposes.  If the bow had not found me i most likely would not have gone out for anything different.  I figure as long as it keeps you in the hills... right? 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back