Should I move areas?

Jmag215

Jul 31, 2015
I am new to archery hunting basically this year I bought a couple trail cams and put out some attractant and build a couple blinds in June. I was having lots of cows and calfs and a few small Bulls showing up in June, then the last couple weeks not a single bull has showed up on my camera. I have heard that farther up the mountain (about 6 miles away) they are seeing big Bulls. My question is should I ditch all my efforts and move up country more or do you think the Bulls will come to the cows come pre-rut season?

When I'm doing my summer scouting I'm looking for old rubs from previous years, bedding areas, water, wallows, feed, travel routes, and cows and calves. It's always fun to see the bulls grow throughout the summer but like you said they will start to break out of their bachelor groups and start to search for the cows come early September and rarely be where I find them in June and July.  That being said if your season starts early the bulls could very well still be up high and grouped up.

If you have cows on that camera...there is a good chance the Bulls will be coming down to find them. Typically where you find the Bulls during the summer is not where you find them come Sept but it depends on your area...they will be searching for cows I promise.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back