Show us your hunting rig

DTP

Administrator
Jun 13, 2017
Let's see some pictures of your hunting rigs! :upthumb:

Mine is a 2006 Chevy DirtyMax with 223,xxx miles on it!

DTP said:
Let's see some pictures of your hunting rigs! :upthumb:

Mine is a 2006 Chevy DirtyMax with 223,xxx miles on it!

I just recently upgraded from a 2010 Titan to a 2014. Literally the same truck with a bit of a mini lift and 35? tires. Same color, very similar interior, and I even kept the wheels and tires from my old truck. In upgrading I went from 122,000 miles to 32,000 so this should last me awhile.

My last Titan was the first time I've ever had a non American-made truck. I guess you can say I was happy with the last one  :upthumb:

93f32ae9e2e066491a0c3b4e1d1b6d1e.jpg

5d9f3b6754fb2320c0a7dba51a67e8b1.jpg

Here she is, outside my office window. 2008 Tundra. Always keep her pointed towards the mtns, ready to head-for-z-hills at any moment.

DTP said:
Boom said:
i want this:

Cliff.... google Unimog 406.  I will own one..

my friend has one.

it is too slow on the highway for me..i think he said something about regearing.

edit..his is a 416.  frame off restoration..DIY.  the one he is selling is a 406, i think

Boom said:
DTP said:
Boom said:
i want this:

Cliff.... google Unimog 406.  I will own one..

my friend has one.

it is too slow on the highway for me..i think he said something about regearing.

edit..his is a 416.  frame off restoration..DIY.  the one he is selling is a 406, i think

That is beautiful!!!!
When I was stationed in England I went to a Unimog dealership over there all the time. I WILL order one someday and have it shipped here. I know exactly what I want.

That thing is mean though, I am guessing he probably wants a pretty penny for that thing.

They do have a kit that takes it from 55mph to 65mph.  I can live with that

Currently don?t have one, hope to get my first truck by the end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nicknotro1010 said:
anyone on here use E-bikes to get to your spot ?

I've got a spot where one would certainly come in handy and will likely be looking at renting one for a weekend to check it out. Most of the trails in CO however do not allow EBikes unless they're OHV roads.

Nice!  Phoenix is the new company from the 4WC crew right?

Not sure why my last post didn't post. 

I think Phoenix came before 4WC, but believe they are part of the same crew in some way.

This is a 2009 Phoenix that I found in Telluride last year for a steal. If you've looked around for campers for the smaller trucks i'm sure you've seen how rare it is to see these go for sale. We were hoping to go with a 4WC but the incredibly long leadtime (about a year ago they were at 15ish months out) and cost (20k+ after build etc) turned us off. Eventually we will be converting a Ford Transit into a camper and selling this slide in.

My 1986 Toyota pick-up for the shorter trips and cat hunting in the winter. Then my 2007 Toyota Tundra for the long trips.

I started hunting in my first car, a VW beetle.  Upgraded to a metallic blue '93 ranger.  We got all kinds of looks with that box:D 
Then I had a '04 Ranger which hunted every weekend in college and moved with me to grad school in AR where I hunted the ozarks for a year.  After school and moving back to CA, I sold it to start my design business.
During that time, I was on sabbatical from hunting.
I recently inherited a GMC Yukon that works for now. 

I hope to get a new Colorado or Canyon; leaning toward diesel.  Ideally, I'd love a electric/hybrid light duty truck from the future!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back