Spotting Scope help

ericjoppa

Mar 26, 2018
I?m hoping some input will help me...

I?m, like the rest of us, gearing up for fall. I?ll be hunting Mule deer and Elk. I need a spotter but have some other gear to get also so I?m trying to keep my cash as free as possible. My question: will something on the level of a Diamondback or Viper do me just fine? Or is it really THAT much better?

E

As long as you stick with the HD series, you will be pleased. Razors, preferably. You can still pick up the 1st gen Razor HDs for less and they are great.

Agreed. Viper HD works well but got the price Camofire has the older razors for 800-900$ pretty frequently so can?t go wrong with either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the diamond back for use here in Montana and it works well enough for me. That being said I will say there is definitely a difference with the viper and razor from the diamondback.  I?ve got two young girls and my family is my priority so I buy what I can afford for now.

Check Camofire. They feature Vortex spotters quite often and are a deal if your looking to save some money.

What I like is hassle-free optics... I just need to find affordable hunting rifle scopes that will be worth the money.

I didnt. love the Leupold spotting scope. It?s oddly shape for starters. And the one we had wasn?t equipped with a micro focus knob.

lamperg said:
I just need to find affordable hunting rifle scopes that will be worth the money.

Trust me when I say that SWFA riflescopes will be everything you're looking for. affordable and hold zero better than swaro, leupold, etc....

To the op, the new viper HD spotters are pretty impressive but the last generations version of the razor can be had at similar $$ and is ultimately better glass....

Peterpole27 said:
Get the best you can afford is what I say
^^^
I have heard the new Viper HD series spotters are great.  If the Viper HD binos are any reflection of the quality of the spotter it will suit you well.  I ran a pair of the Viper HD 10x42s last year and was very pleased.  With that said, get the best binos you can for the $. 

Have you thought about using 12s off of a tripod instead of buying the spotter?

I got the Razor from Optics Planets at Christmas time )present from my wife). They had an incredible 25% off at the time. You can look for those sales, they may only last for 1 day though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back