the killing starts tonight. moles!!

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
my wife spent my new truck money on landscaping our front and back yards.
spring lit up our plants and everything is growing awesome.
then the MOLES showed up. there are underground tunnels everywhere!!  i wish i had a new truck that i could drive over my nasty old yard to kill them..but no.i have new yard, no new truck.

i have like three different traps coming.  it is GAME ON!
i am using non yard destructive methods only!!  no rodenator. 

Post here how it goes - not sure it's allowed under 'Big Game' but they're as elusive as a whitetail buck!

Plenty in our yard this last year.  Neighbor/old timer trick was to find a recent hole and put in Dots(gummy bear like candy).  Supposed to resemble grubs in texture but they can't digest.  Didn't have much luck but might have been my 1 for you, one for me method of applying!

What has seemed to work albeit without the satisfaction of knowing you killed the little bastards is castor oil.  Poured some in a liquid fertilizer spreader, attached the hose and proceeded to water entire yard with castor oil/water blend.  They appear to have moved off our property at least for now.

Buddy has a mole blaster you hook up to propane and ignite but you mentioned non-destructive so don't even think about how cool it is and if you could do it one day while the wife is away.  :)

My parents tried a lot of things to get rid of there moles. Poison didn't seem to work. I think they didn't like the taste. The had the best luck hooking a pipe to the exhaust on there truck and piping carbon monoxide down a new hole. Seemed to do the trick.

Cliff.... Google Mole Eliminator.

These traps work. Unlike the pointy spikes that stab down these traps catch the mole. I have 2 and have caught a lot of moles with them. Easy to set. Even your wife could do it. The hardest thing is picking an active run. If you have one trail where they cut through your yard it is a sure thing. You will catch him in a couple days. If you have a maze of trails it is like a guess as to where to put it.

Happy trapping.

Bowhunter1 said:
Cliff.... Google Mole Eliminator.

These traps work. Unlike the pointy spikes that stab down these traps catch the mole. I have 2 and have caught a lot of moles with them. Easy to set. Even your wife could do it. The hardest thing is picking an active run. If you have one trail where they cut through your yard it is a sure thing. You will catch him in a couple days. If you have a maze of trails it is like a guess as to where to put it.

Happy trapping.
nothing yet.
i have that trap coming in the mail.  i ordered three types.  desperate times, you know.....

I feel your pain.  The two pronged spear traps seem to work for me.  Definitely have to use some finesse when setting.  Get a few so you can place them at multiple spots.

When I was a kid my dad turned us loose with a garden hose and baseball bats. We were entertained for hours on end :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back