tough flashlights

jamase

Dec 28, 2012
so I am revamping my pack and decided I need a new flashlight..I have a good headlamp, but I wan't a good tough tactical type light also. .. something liteweight and bright that uses AA batteries.. If anybody has  a favorite, I'm all ears...

Nothing with a double AA battery will put as much light as one with a Lithium CR123A 3 V battery. My favorite flashlight is a Fenix P1D. It is not cheap but I've had mine for over 7 years and can't find anything as tough, small and light weight that will give me that kind of light power.

Here is some info on it.

http://eliteled.com/products/flashlights/fenix-p1d.html

I bought a 3 pack of led lights from costco I used this year , 200 lumens and they use 3 AAA batteries, have a high and low beam . They are super bright! 20.00 for 3 and they are well built. I checked them out just rescently and looks like they upgraded them and are even brighter now, I beleive 250 lumens.

Fenix LD22 - 190 Lumens from 2 AA batteries. 6 different settings. Awesome little lights.

At our Police Department we use small tac lights all the time.  We typically use either streamlight or surfire lights.  Cant go wrong with those and they make small enough ones where its extremely bright and you can put it in your pocket and you wont even know its there. But they dont come in AA.  They use the CR123 3V battery.

thanks for  the input everybody .. I chose to go with a fenix after researching things a little.. we'll see how it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back