Trail running to get in shape.

andyschaef

Jan 31, 2013
This year I'm going to focus more on trail running, especially trails with a lot of elevation (certainly easy to do here in Colorado.)  It really is a great workout and I find that I'm way more motivated to hit the trails than I am to just pound the pavement.

you could do the pikes peak ascent in august  :D  it makes trekking up a mountain chasing elk seem like a walk in the park.  if i'm not running at the gym, i'm trail running.  running on the road or sidewalk kills my knees.  there are quite a few 14ers you can climb/run with just a light pack and some trail running shoes.  i find doing mountain ascents makes for a rewarding and fun day of working out, and is awesome prep for the hunt.

Yeah the Pikes Peak race would be a good one to do, I've also seen that runs up Mt. Evans.  Running some easy 14ers is a good idea too, but I'm not sure how much running I'd be doing on some of those.

yes trails I run trails in the hills 3 times a week and do a long run on the weekends it has helped a lot I hunt DIY wilderness backpack hunts solo.
I am 54yrs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back