RidgeReap

Aug 30, 2015
Current set up
Hoyt carbon spyder turbo 70#
draw length 27.5
Easton FMJ 340
slick trick magnums 125gr
nap quickfletch (quickspin)

walk back tuned then proceeded to broad head tune..
at 20 yards i can get my broad heads and field points dead on..

out at 40 yards things are all over  :mad:  after a few hours of tweaking on saturday i got fed up..started all over with field points.. walk back tuned again seemed to get a different result as far as where may rest is right now..dead on again at 20 with broad heads and field points.. was tired and did not try shooting any further will see how it goes further out tomorrow..any suggestions as to what probable issues may be?

thanks

What kind of rest? If it's a fall away it might be not getting out of the way or bouncing up. I had this problem with a limb driver once. Field points will recover but it will steer broad heads bad. Look at bottom of fletchings for marks. Good luck

Cool that's the same rest I'm shooting now. Make sure it has the right launcher on it. I have a hoyt crx 32 and i couldn't get it to clear my fletchings with one of them. I think i use the deeper one.

Are they high, low, left or right. Do you shoot open hand with a sling or grip the bow? Up or down will usually be the rest or fletch clearance. Left, right most likely will be center shot. Place to start is 7/8 from riser to center of shaft, dead level. Paper tune from there then screw on broadheads.

Open hand with a sling.
Once I made adjustments to my rest to get my broadleaf hitting center at 20 along with fp...moving back to 40 yds my fps we're hitting far right and broadleaf left of center..
Dunno if I should just walk back tune the broadleaf and forget about where my fp's are hitting?

Move your rest to the right slightly and check for clearance, you may be clipping the riser with a vane. Start by shooting field points through paper.

Sorry took so long to update. Paper tuned and was able to get a bullet hole tear
Sighted in and only had to make a minor tweak to get the slick tricks hitting dead on with fieldpoints out to 40.

However I noticed a strange occurring I usually just shoot to the center of the target don't know if I'm anticipating the shot but I would hit a little outside with both heads. However picking any of the upper or lower spots on the corners of my block target I'm hitting both heads right on.. No issues shooting into my 3D target either. Target panick?

Thanks for the help much appreciated

More than likely lazy. You don't bear down as much at the center dot, but the corners you do. Aim small miss small. Dang I hate to quote Pete!

I've always just paper tuned, if I can get a bullet hole, I have been able to get any broadheads to hit with my field points, glad you got it figured out, when that happens it can be a nightmare and tear you apart trying to figure things out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back