Unit 10 New Mexico info?

Dwebb

Jul 2, 2016
I drew a tag for unit 10 in New Mexico. Anybody have any info or good starting places to scout?

What season did you draw, bow, muzzleloader or rifle?  Unit 10 is a big unit so you have lots of room to roam.  We took some good bulls out from there these last couple years starting with a nice 5x5 during the archery season.  Oso ridge is a good place to start as it goes for miles from South east to the north.  also Rice Park and South of McGaffey.  Not as many elk as in the northern units but if you do come across some then it should be a good one.  Lots of water in there so a good 4x4 will get you to most places.  Lots of road hunters but if you use your maps and get away from roads then you will be in ELK.  Good Luck and Be Safe out there.  Need more info drop me a line or look us up at www.SantaFeGuidingCo.com.  My Name is Gary.  Happy Hun ting

Thanks for the info. I drew second bow season tag. I came out and scouted a couple days last month. Found some good sign. Looks like it will be a lot of roads therefore road hunters to contend with. We are going to try to get as far as we can from the roads. Let y'all know how it goes....

Hello All,

I'm Italian and I'm new to the forum.

I drew a tag for Unit 10 in New Mexico for early archery season. It is my first time hunting in New Mexico.

Any info from the previous hunters? Any suggestion on where to start looking for Elk?

Thanks

PCin8

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back