Unit 46 late elk hunt idaho

backcountrylevi

Jun 26, 2013
Is there anyone out there who would be willing to share some information about this hunt with me? Areas to start looking, type of bulls I may expect to see, elk numbers, etc.? Any information would be much appreciated.

Congrats and good luck. I would have to say hunt the most southern part. The northern part just doesnt seem like elk country to me.

awesome.  Well i hunted unit 46 for deer last year and I came across some monster bulls.  It was during the last part of general rifle season when i came across six big bulls.  I have hunted as far east to west, north to south as one can get in that unit.  There is a lot of elk sign in there and there are some dried up creeks in the area that have small patches of water.  There are also water holes that are continually full of water for the cattle in the area. You can find the bulls but it is tought to locate in all that open country. 

The two of the bigger bulls were around 360"+ and the other ones were in the low 300's.  All great bulls. I will PM you the area.

Thanks, I dont mind helping a fellow hunter out.  Ill see if i can get a screen shot of the topo and the satellite imagery and share that with you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back