Using blinds over Wallows

ElkManDan

Dec 29, 2012
  We have some wallows that get hit hard but I don't have a lot of luck when we sit back in the trees off of them,  I am thinking it may be because of the unsteady winds we end up spreading a lot of scent.  I'm thinking about using a blind to help cut down on the scent.  I'm hoping it can be a good early season tactic.

Has anyone had success hunting from a blind over Wallows?

Never, but this will be my first year.  I have a stand that I want to put up over a wallow I came across at the end of this last season that showed lots of activity earlier in the fall.

I've used treestands for riverbottom deer hunting with success but I'm thinking if I do a blind I could have my daughter sit with me as well.  I had it with me at camp last year but didn't feel like packing it into where the wallows are.  Maybe making a natural blind would be better.

Blinds that you can buy these days can be packed in. When brushed in off of wallows and game trails can be very productive. I use treestands and blinds, but have been using the ground blinds more because of comfort (lay down) and controlling your scent.

I would prefer a blind over a treestand unless the winds are very consistent and usage is fairly predictable.  A blind is just more comfortable and your going to want to sit almost all day over the wallow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back