Wall tent hacks/pics

jwmerrill27

Sep 7, 2017
I just bought a wall tent yesterday and am pumped about planning an elk hunt for next year! I have a 12x14 Montana canvas.

What are some hacks or must haves everyone uses in their wall tents?

Also any pictures of your setups inside and out would be sweet!

Thanks!!
dc56c4f86dddf6d3dc93243ba35e0774.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - Tarp it - keeps it warmer and it protects the roof canvas

2 - Get some of that green astro turf and roll it out for the floor

3 - Stoke the stove with a couple 'Duraflame' logs at night. They will burn slow all night long

4 - Keep an eye on your stove pipe for creosote buildup

Here are some pics of our setup. A couple things I'd also recommend:

1. Get some larger stakes (3') for at least the corners of the tent. This really helps if you end up dealing with some wind.

2. Agree with cnelk on having a floor. We use a tarp for ours and use some green astro turf as a front door rug. Either one would work great.

3. If you have an internal pole setup, you could look at adding an awning (see pics). That thing definitely comes in handy!

4. Consider getting a Cabela's Camp Kitchen (see pics). It's pretty heavy, but folds up pretty small and makes for some great organization in the cooking area.

5. If you want to get really crazy, get another wall tent so one is the kitchen and one is the sleeping area. And if you want to make it really easy, get a tent that has doors on both front and back so you can put the tents together  :-D

cohunter14 said:
Here are some pics of our setup. A couple things I'd also recommend:

1. Get some larger stakes (3') for at least the corners of the tent. This really helps if you end up dealing with some wind.

2. Agree with cnelk on having a floor. We use a tarp for ours and use some green astro turf as a front door rug. Either one would work great.

3. If you have an internal pole setup, you could look at adding an awning (see pics). That thing definitely comes in handy!

4. Consider getting a Cabela's Camp Kitchen (see pics). It's pretty heavy, but folds up pretty small and makes for some great organization in the cooking area.

5. If you want to get really crazy, get another wall tent so one is the kitchen and one is the sleeping area. And if you want to make it really easy, get a tent that has doors on both front and back so you can put the tents together  :-D

Sweet.  Now that is a heck of a camp setup there.  Almost looks to professional to want to get out and hunt. LOL

Thanks for the tips! For some reason I can't see the pictures, any idea why??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

cmuske25 said:
Sweet.  Now that is a heck of a camp setup there.  Almost looks to professional to want to get out and hunt. LOL

Thanks! We've continued to try to make it better every year. It's some work to get it all setup, but when you are in the woods for a week it sure makes it better when you have a good camp to go back to.

jwmerrill27 said:
For some reason I can't see the pictures, any idea why??

That's weird, no idea why they aren't showing up on TapaTalk. Something must be down with their app. You should be able to view them if you use your browser.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back