warm weather pants

wapiti_will

Dec 28, 2012
anyone have some recommendations for camo pants that breath extremely well when you're running around chasing elk on an 80 degree day?

KUIU Attack pants--hands down best hunting pant for the mountains that I have used.  Haven't tried Sitka, but hear similar positives about that brand.  The Attack pants are durable, slightly stretchy, don't "soak" up moisture, tough to snag and don't "cook me" in the September heat.

So far for me the Sitka Ascent pants seem great for warm weather pants.  I'm going to look into the attack pants though.

Good question, is there a pant that is adequately warm in the cool morning breeze, yet cool enough in the sun in the afternoon?

Last year I used Predator's suede warp for opening day in Colorado. They are a light weight material and much better than the typical 6 pocket cotton pants. Combined with the light weight poly henley made for some early season comfort.
KJ

For really warm weather, the Sitka Ascent pants are great. I started using the Sitka Mountain Pants 2 years ago and now wear them anytime I'm hunting elk in September, regardless of the temperature. They are bombproof, shed water like crazy, and are the perfect companion for active hunting!

FYI, all Sitka gear at the Elk101.com Store goes on sale at 20% off in January....  ;)

http://www.elk101store.com/servlet/the-Sitka-Gear/Categories

+1 for the Mountain Pant and +1 for the sale!  I was extremely comfortable in the Mountain Pant this past year in 90 degree heat during archery...and I don't hunt from a tree stand if you know what I mean.  I haven't tried the Ascent, but from what I can tell, they may be a little lighter/ even more breathable.  However, I have heard their durability may not be as good as the Mountain...plus the DWR on the Mountain is great.  Lastly, the Mountain Pant has quite a few more pockets, which can come in handy.

Kuiu Attack pants, Core4element switchback paint, Sitka Ascent pants....All are light weight and breathable.

I've used the lightweight UA field pants for the past several years.  Those are great pants for warm weather and dry extremely fast when they get wet.  Just picked up a new pair of the UA Ridge Reaper Early Season pants for this coming year, so we shall see...

Anyone have any experience with Badlands Ion pant? I haven't seen much info on the Badlands clothing line.

I haven't seen 'em mentioned yet but First Lite did a real nice job with their 2012 Kanabs. I used them exclusively this year and was VERY impressed...way better than the 2011s.

I really like the Cabela's brand Microtex uninsulated pants.  They breath very well, shed light moisture and dry out super quick.
Combined with a good base layer they work well into the late Oct rifle season too.  Best of all they are only about 60 bucks!

buglelk said:
For really warm weather, the Sitka Ascent pants are great. I started using the Sitka Mountain Pants 2 years ago and now wear them anytime I'm hunting elk in September, regardless of the temperature. They are bombproof, shed water like crazy, and are the perfect companion for active hunting!

FYI, all Sitka gear at the Elk101.com Store goes on sale at 20% off in January....  ;)

http://www.elk101store.com/servlet/the-Sitka-Gear/Categories

+++1 On the Ascent Pants!!!! I've used them for this past season and I've come to really enjoy the mobility and comfort! I also picked up the Timberline Pants with this great discount!!!!!!!

I agree that the Sitka mountain pant is the way to go. They are the best all around pant good for all temps. Always nice to get on sale thanks elk101.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back