Water safety

cgsmith

Dec 28, 2012
What do you guys use for water filtration or purification?  Chemicals? Steripen? Carbon filter?

I posted this in another thread so i copied it.
I just bought a sawyer 4 liter filter system which is a two bag gravity fed system.  You have a dirty water bag which runs through an inline filter to the clean water bag.  So you can filter 4 liters into the clean bag and then fill the dirty bag with another 4 so you have 8 liters total which is great if you are not camping close to a water source.  The clean bag has a drinking tube so it also serves as a water bladder.  so now I have a 4 liter bladder which is more than enough for all day hunts as well as long hot hikes with my dog.  They have a million gallon guarantee and there is rarely a need to backwash these filters.

Two years ago I started with a Katadyn filter bottle. it was totally worthless and ended up using the Iodine tablets I brought as a backup.
This time I just used the 2-part Iodine treatment.
I have heard a lot of good reports on the sawyer system.

Thanks for the info.  I'm going to look at the sawyer system.  Has anyone tried a steripen?

The steripen works great, you just have to deal with the floaties in the water....or use a coffee filter as a strainer at fill up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back