What ATA (axle to axle) do you prefer?

Lawnboy

Aug 26, 2015
I recently got a new bow and struggled between a 30 and a 34.  I shot them both about the same but ended up going with the 30 simply for ease of backpacking and using them on my horses.  I do find it a bit harder to hold steady and am hoping I don't regret it.
What are you guys shooting and why?  I'm a 29.5 inch draw.

I haven't gotten a new bow yet, but I think i'll be going for a longer axle length...and brace height...just to be more steady and shoot further.

I prefer a little longer ATA.  I've shot as short as a 31 but just never liked it as much.  I am shooting a 34 now and will continue with something close to that ATA in the future.  I feel they hold steadier and are more forgiving.  I have never had an issue backpacking with a little longer ATA bow, I think you'd hardly notice the couple inch difference.  I've rode horses as well and haven't had any issues, just strap it to my pack, it sits up a little high but any bow will so it has room so it's not hitting the horse behind the saddle.  Just an FYI I am a 28.5 inch draw.

Longer here too, more forgiving. Most target bows are longer ATA for this reason. I remember shooting a 48" bow and 40" was short!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back