What is More Important? Seeing Cows or Bulls on Camera?

Elksox

Aug 7, 2013
Hey Everyone!

I am new to this board, just wondering what you would prefer to be seeing right now, lot's of Cow Elk on Camera or Lot's of Bull elk?   

I have a Norther Utah Tag starts 9/14.  I have some of both on my 6 different cameras.  I know once the Rut get's hot & heavy the Bulls can really move a long ways.  I was thinking it would be better to have Cows hitting a spot, because the bulls will come.  What do you think?

If given one of the two choices I would say that getting cow's on camera is the better of the two.  Before the rut the bulls should be running together, but once the rut starts getting into swing the bulls are going to be on the move looking for cows.  I know I love getting antler on film, but if I'm using trail cameras as an indicator for where I will be hunting then I want to see lots of cows and a lot of old rubs.  Good luck!

I would definitely say COWS!!! If you'll be hunting during mid September, the Cows have what the Bulls want!!! I agree with Beaveralum...bulls are great to see on camera, but they could be six to seven miles away or more come mid September. Follow the Cows!!!

Thanks Elk Addict & Beaveralum!    That is what I was thinking, Love seeing those bulls up close on my camera's, but we need them there come Middle September.   

Good Luck.

I would also have to say cows. When I'm scouting, I like to see cows on my cam. I archery hunt and I know that a bull come rut season is going after cows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back