What knife sharpener do you guys like for the backcountry?

The SoCal Bowhunter

Dec 31, 2012
I have a couple of knife sharpeners I use, but I am curious as to which ones you guys like and why. Just got my hands on one of the Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener and so far I like it. What do you use?

I have several for in the field.  Far left is a steel with 2 different levels of grit to sharpen or hone.  On the right is a diamond steel that nests inside itself and has been a standby for a number of years.  My latest is the Speedy Sharp and I am impressed with this little bugger's ability to put a quick edge back on your knife.  Send a pic of your Work Sharp--I'm always looking.

Attachments

• Sharpeners
    30.7 KB · Views: 27
The SoCal Bowhunter said:
I have a couple of knife sharpeners I use, but I am curious as to which ones you guys like and why. Just got my hands on one of the Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener and so far I like it. What do you use?

i have been looking for a good knife sharpener and that thing looks sweet.  i like how it has a built in broadhead tool.  kinda wish it was smaller though

Before my Havalon Piranta knife when I had to resharpen my knife I used the G5 Sportsman's Sharpener. Worked great. But that's all over with thanks to my Piranta.  8) 

ghost said:
Before my Havalon Piranta knife when I had to resharpen my knife I used the G5 Sportsman's Sharpener. Worked great. But that's all over with thanks to my Piranta.  8)

is that g5 for knives too?

Mountain Bowhunter said:
i have been looking for a good knife sharpener and that thing looks sweet.  i like how it has a built in broadhead tool.  kinda wish it was smaller though

It's much smaller than I thought it would be. Seems to work well right now. Testing it out and will have a review posted soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back