What's In Corey's Pack?

cohunter14

Administrator
Jul 10, 2017
This question comes up a lot, so I wanted to share a video Corey recently did for Exo Mountain Gear. You can find it here: https://youtu.be/BAyUmB-iA00

If you are doing day hunts from a base camp, this should be really helpful!

Where did the zippered pocket on his bulge tube come from.  Is that a special made device or something that can be purchased.  Thanks

I've never seen that before on the Bully Bull Extreme. I'm wondering if that's something new?

cmuske25 said:
Where did the zippered pocket on his bulge tube come from.  Is that a special made device or something that can be purchased.  Thanks

A few years ago I was at a seminar that Corey put on and he explained that the Sitka camo cover on his bugle tube came from a Sitka shirt sleeve with a zippered pocket on it, that he had his wife cut off and turn into a bugle cover. I believe he was the first one using the Stika camo tube covers and came up with the idea. Since I see the Rock Mtn. Game Calls logo on this one, I assume he has the zipper included on new models. I haven't seen them available on the market yet, so maybe this is a prototype of something we'll see on the coming very soon?

Bull_Fighter said:
cmuske25 said:

A few years ago I was at a seminar that Corey put on and he explained that the Sitka camo cover on his bugle tube came from a Sitka shirt sleeve with a zippered pocket on it, that he had his wife cut off and turn into a bugle cover. I believe he was the first one using the Stika camo tube covers and came up with the idea. Since I see the Rock Mtn. Game Calls logo on this one, I assume he has the zipper included on new models. I haven't seen them available on the market yet, so maybe this is a prototype of something we'll see on the coming very soon?

Yeah, he might be working on a prototype of some sort. He actually has Sitka covers made now with the Elk101 logo, but they are for promotion only and not for sale, so I'm wondering if the zipper is something new with RMHC.

Okay, never mind. It?s just a custom modification that he had his wife do for him  :lol: 

No Bully Bull?s with zippers anytime soon unfortunately.

cohunter14 said:
Okay, never mind. It?s just a custom modification that he had his wife do for him  :lol: 

I think he's missing out on a hell of an accessory line for the tubes by not marketing that!!! Patent and sell LOL

cmuske25 said:
cohunter14 said:

I think he's missing out on a hell of an accessory line for the tubes by not marketing that!!! Patent and sell LOL

:haha: :haha: He's sitting on a gold mine!

publichunter1 said:
Anybody know what bow holster that is he is using?

It's one that he bought back in the 80's. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore, but it sounds like there are a number of companies that do.

Thanks. I was hoping he had stepped up to a new one before I ordered one for the year. Just ordered the Neet bow rest. We will see how it works this year.

publichunter1 said:
Thanks. I was hoping he had stepped up to a new one before I ordered one for the year. Just ordered the Neet bow rest. We will see how it works this year.

Let us know what you think!

I ordered the Neet also.  Supposed to be in today.  Will look it over and try and give some input on how it works as well. 

Seems to work fairly good. You can bend it to fit your bow handle. My bow is a little top heavy so if I do walk with it i have to hold the top end. Corey's long stabilizer would help the situation as it rest up against your back to prevent forward tipping of the bow when glassing. It is as advertised and seems to be a beneficial product.

he mentions carrying a roll of Leukotape. 

is that for blisters?  I always use moleskin for that.

is Leukotape for the same application?  if so... is it better than moleskin?

Yes, Leukotape is used for hot spots/blisters. I like it better than moleskin for the fact it doesnt come off in my sock like moleskin. Strong adhesion, so be careful peeling it off a blister. For me its better

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have worked as a firefighter for 18 years. When I first started as a wildland firefighter I used to fight blisters.

2 ways to not get them.

1- wear your boots ALOT.

2- Some of the old guys told me to use nylon dress socks under cotton socks (sock slides in the nylon and not your skin). Have not had issues with blisters since going to this system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

used the Leukotape and loved it.  :)

better than moleskin:
  • thinner
  • doesnt curl up as bad
  • easier to deploy
  • cheaper per square inch
  • doesnt require trimming (scissors)
  • packs better
thanks Corey!

Members online

No members online now.