what's the best way to mount a trail camera so it won't get stolen?

I dont have any photos, but the camera housing/case has a hole through it for you to slip a cable through and then you use a padlock. Check out the spypoint camera housing website and it may it show the housing. 

My friend and I made tree textured camo for ours this year.  We pressed silicone into hemlock tree bark.  Then once it dried spread liquid nail on the silicone form.  Then pulled it off painted it an glued it on the cameras.  I have a hard time finding them now and I know right where I put them!

I'm with gthomas... just hide it well.  You should be able to trust a fellow hunter but you never know.  I had a friend at work tell me a story that he almost took a trail cam he "found" in the desert.  I gave him the business about even considering it. 
If you'd steal a trail cam you'd probably poach and trespass aswell.... 
I have seen many a trail cam and steer clear of it if at all possible.

s
gthomas28 said:
My friend and I made tree textured camo for ours this year.  We pressed silicone into hemlock tree bark.  Then once it dried spread liquid nail on the silicone form.  Then pulled it off painted it an glued it on the cameras.  I have a hard time finding them now and I know right where I put them!

Now that seem like a great idea. I just bought a Truth 46,and will try tour advice.
Thanks for sharing.

I use one of the camera boxes and then a python cable lock, once secured to the tree I will take branches and wedge them in behind the cable to help camo the whole unit.

Attachments

• 445410_L1.jpg
    445410_L1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 35
I have the Bushnell 8MP camera that I use. I got lock box that I secure to the tree with screws then drop in my camera and lock the box at the top with a padlock.  I then run my python lock through the hole in the camera and box on the tree. They would have to remove the tree to get it off.

It makes for heavier packing in with all the cameras, but worth it knowing I will get them back after the season is over.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back