which pattern

I have the Vias but probably like the Verdes more.  Tough call.  I would go with what you would like others to see you in since the elk only see black/white.

I have some vias as well, but no verde yet. I think they would both work equally as effective from a distance, but up close I am thinking verde might have an advantage. No one has done a side by side comparison yet, so it is hard to tell.

It is interesting tha KUIU has adopted the more digital look in their new Verde camo pattern...likely based off of the research of how animals see and breaking up the human outline.  I'm not entirely sure, but it would seem the Vias camo was more directed towards open hillside type of hunting (maybe sheep and other open area critters)...the Verde seems to lean more towards hunting areas with green accents. 

I'm not positive, but it wouldseem that KUIU may be looking to appeal towards elk hunters with their new pattern...It seems they will be keeping the Vias gear in production.

I think you should make your choice based more on what type of terrain you hunt in versus what is the latest and greatest.

The only problem is I hunt elk in all kinds of terrain. I don't honestly think it will matter which I choose if I sit still.

Don't know if this link will work, but it is to the KUIU blog showing photos of the Vias Camo and some background regarding why they chose it.  I was impressed.

http://blog.kuiu.com/2011/02/25/vias-camouflage-2/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back