Who hunts off of a bike?

JPhelps

Dec 28, 2012
Here is our setup. Disc Brakes are a must.  Can easily pack a half of an elk and in a pinch can pack an entire quartered bull.

gamecart2.jpg

gamecart.jpg

DSCF0147.jpg

Pretty sweet but many areas here in Nv have been converted to Wilderness and no wheels allowed...  Can't even use a wagon to haul your stuff out.

as much as 60 miles alone during our 5 days hunting....plus hundreds during the off season.....cheap bikes are not good, and good bikes are not cheap......

My current areas are way too vertical now, but years ago I tried it (without the cart).  Let's just say it was interesting and I never found out if I could pack quarters out on a bike.  Have not repeated that adventure since.

Nice setup Jason. I do use a bike sometimes but usually just scouting . Probably should hunt of it more .

When the FS decided to put a gate across the road that once took you to the edge of the wilderness area I hunt in, it created a great opportunity to separate myself from other bivy hunters.  I built a trailer for my bike, tossed my gear on it, road my way up the mountain and found out I was the only hunter that improvised last season and had the mountain and all the elk to myself.  :D

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
Going to get set up this off season!!  Any good sites anyone could recommend for gear and bikes!  Closest bike shop to me is 130 miles so I do most of my buying on the net!!  Let me know!!!

My husband and I do more bicycling when we hunt Oregon.  It's a great way to cover a lot of terrain. We each have a Hawkeyebilt Game Cart that carries an elk quite nicely.  One year, we each took an elk within seconds of each other and it was nice to be able to haul it out quickly, rather than using the pack-boards.

How do you combat the noise made by the trailer when riding down the gravel roads? Depending on how long our bike ride is we dont always take the trailers with us due to the noise. We have tried spraying teflon on all the connections but it dosent seem to last very long.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back