Who Practices on Silhouettes or real 3-D targets?

IDHUNTER

Aug 24, 2015
I've been doing a lot of shooting at my bag and block targets and it started to get a little boring so I took a large piece of cardboard and drew an elk silhouette on it and then cut it out and stood it up in front of my target and now instead of trying to hit a tiny dot i'm just trying to make a kill shot.  It has really made shooting much more enjoyable. 

Does anyone else shoot at something like this or better yet a real 3-D target for practice?

I shoot a life size 5x6 bull elk target.  The target is cut out of plywood and is 5' tall at the back and 8' long. It is painted like an elk and the kill zone is cut out with a bag taget painted to match the elk's body behind it on some hay bales.  I used two wooden fence posts to secure the elk in the standing position.

This was a lot cheaper than buying a 3d target and more proportional to a life size animal than the 2/3 the size 3d target I looked at.

I'm a member of a local ar her club that has 2 permanent 3d courses and an NFAA course on 55 acres. When I get bored shooting my bag target at home, I drive over there and shoot a course. Nothing like shooting targets that look more real and also the situations (branches, angles, uneven terrain, etc ) really help my shooting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back