Wife\'s 2015 Co bull

Coloradov

Jan 4, 2016
I thought I would share the bull my wife got this past season it was her first bull ever.

She choose a challenging wilderness hunt close to home to use her points on. Since we live close we were able to spend a lot of time last summer looking for a bull and we were excited when my father found this guy made it through archery. First season opening day in the first hour of shooting light Kime got him. The pack out was hard as the bull was killed above 11,000\'. Thankfully 4 friends + my 72 year old father made the 14 mile round trip hike to get it out. She is still super excited and it was fun to see her have such great sucess on her first bull.

Attachments

• kime elk 109.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 315
  • kime elk 081.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 315
Good googly moogly! Hope you have a high ceiling in your house! :)

Tell her Congrats - very nice bull.

Did you by chance have it measured? If so, before you disclose, I\'d like to start another guess the score thread if you don\'t mind.

\"Colorado Russ\" said:
Did you by chance have it measured? If so, before you disclose, I\'d like to start another guess the score thread if you don\'t mind.

I am sure we can say this is a 300\" bull

\"bowhunter\" said:
\"Colorado Russ\" said:

Waaaaaaayyyyy over 300 :)

That is an amazing elk! I still can\'t get over those royal tines... Great photos too.

Congrats to you all, sounds like a great experience. :clap:

\"cnelk\" said:
\"bowhunter\" said:
\"Colorado Russ\" said:

Waaaaaaayyyyy over 300 :)

On this one I\'m with Brad.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congratulation!!! A great 1st bull :clap: :clap: and my be hard to get one any better...

Super bull - congrats to your wife! Long way to pack out an elk, but that is what makes great hunt experience and memories!

That\'s a great bull anytime. :upthumb: Congrats to your wife and everyone willing to help on a long pack.

Wow, great bull right there.

Going to be real hard to get one bigger than that.

So does she give you a hard time about shooting one bigger than yours?? :D

based off some of the scores we guessed (myself included) on some other threads this one better score 450\"! That\'s a beauty!

Thanks everyone and we have only a general idea of the score as we have been meaning to get a more exact number. We put a tape on it the night she got it but after that hike and a couple of beers... Well there might be a margin of error :).

Dream hunt for her and yea she is going to have to have a bit of luck to top it.

\"Coloradov\" said:
Thanks everyone and we have only a general idea of the score as we have been meaning to get a more exact number. We put a tape on it the night she got it but after that hike and a couple of beers... Well there might be a margin of error :).
Dream hunt for her and yea she is going to have to have a bit of luck to top it.

So get that tape back out and let us know what it says!

Im thinking 335-345

Members online

No members online now.
Back