Yoke Tuning

cohunter14

Administrator
Jul 10, 2017
Who here has yoke tuned their bow before? I have been going nuts lately trying to get my broadheads to hit with my field tips. This goes back to last year and it's been driving me insane as I know my bow was tuned, grip and form are good, and my groups have been awesome, both with field tips and broadheads. But the broadheads were not hitting in the same place and I'm too anal to allow that to happen.

I stumbled on yoke tuning and even asked someone at my local archery shop about it, and they kind of laughed at it and said it won't help. Well, I decided to give it a shot anyway because I could literally see that my string wasn't coming off the cam straight. And unbelievably, it worked! Such a simple task, assuming you have a bow press, and what a difference! I can't believe I've struggled for so long when the issue was so simple.

Here's a good article on it for anyone interested: https://shootingtime.com/archery/yoke-tuning-solo-cam-bow/

Remind us. What bow do you have. Not all bows are yoke tune able.

Hoyt? 

My bow shop did it right before my eyes. From what I gathered, it does the same thing as moving the rest left/right. But this time you put the rest dead nuts center and you use the yokes to adjust ?to the rest?. 

If you don?t have yokes to tune. You move the rest to adjust ?to the top,wheel?

Disclaimer: I could be totally full of crap.

How are your arrows hitting now?

Boom said:
Remind us. What bow do you have. Not all bows are yoke tune able.

Hoyt? 

My bow shop did it right before my eyes. From what I gathered, it does the same thing as moving the rest left/right. But this time you put the rest dead nuts center and you use the yokes to adjust ?to the rest?. 

If you don?t have yokes to tune. You move the rest to adjust ?to the top,wheel?

Disclaimer: I could be totally full of crap.

How are your arrows hitting now?

Hoyt Nitrum 34. I tried adjusting the rest to no avail. No matter what, I couldn?t get my broadheads to hit with my field tips. Now they are dead center.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back