You just can't make this stuff up....

DTP

Administrator
Jun 13, 2017
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/02/elk-causes-helicopter-crash-after-jumping-into-rotor-blade.html

Im glad the two people on board are ok.

This still seems interesting to me....

wow!!

on a side note:  that UTAH terrain looks damn AMAZING!!  i want to hunt there!!

How long have they been using helicopters to capture the elk? I guess I never knew they did that...  :dk:

I understand we use helicopters to tranquilize animals, but to me it doesn't sniff test right.

We either had a cow that can jump higher than NBA stars or.... someone may have been flying a little too low...

It says they were trying to net the elk from the helicopter first to sedate it...that's what I don't get. How far can you shoot a net? And after they net it, then they sedate it? So do they land the helicopter and go sedate the elk? Something doesn't sound right in that story. As you said Dan, it definitely doesn't pass the sniff test.

it kinda makes sense to me.

i grew up watching "wild kingdom"  they would shoot this cannon that fired four "arrows" which spread out, pulling a net.  they had to get the helicopter close.  the ground undulates,  hills, etc.  it is feasible that the chopper was flying in a low spot on the ground and the elk came up over a hill..it wouldnt be that far away in elevation.

kinda like how the coast guard pilots have to watch out for waves.

i'm glad the people are okay.  too bad for the elk.  that had to be ugly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back