1st Co Elk Hunt

drrice

Aug 21, 2013
I am starting to plan for our 2014 Co Archery elk hunt and looking for any info (dont need any honey holes) on what otc units might be a great start for us rookies heading to the mountains to look into. I am looking to stay in the northern region.  I have read quite a bit about unit 34 and know guy that hunted it probably 15 years ago.  Planning on setting a base camp then spiking from that.

I have not hunted there but i just wanted to say Good Luck and hopefully we see some photos of your bull.

I am going on my first one leaving Sep 6th! It cant come soon enough.
We actually drew a pref point, then as our second option drew Unit 54. It is not in the north like you are talking about. But I will still let you know how we do and any thoughts on the unit overall. I know this Unit is draw only but the last couple years not a ton of people have applied so itbecomes a Unit you can get into with 0 pref points. I know this unit has had some pressure and gets a lot of recreational use during the summer months. It has some of the steepest inclines in the area. I also have talked to the Biologist and Unit Officer who both swear there is some big bulls in there you just have to be willing to hike higher and farther. Were excited about it.
Good luck on your hunt!

Looks like there is a decent success rate in unit 54, so Good Luck and hopefully we see some pics of your bull. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back