1st Ironman to fight Epilepsy

lang

Sep 29, 2013
On August 21st I am competing in my first full Ironman to honor my son Conner and raise money for The Danny Did Foundation that is helping to prevent deaths from SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy Patients).  Please take a minute to read my story and read about Danny Did.  If you have read the last Elk Hunter magazine you've seen another family from the Elk101 team that is being affected by this very prevalent and underfunded disease.  One of the areas Danny Did focuses on is seizure monitors that alert caretakers when a seizure occurs.  Painfully we discovered one of the monitors just weeks after my son passed away.  For some unknown reason the medical community has been lacking in mainstreaming monitors which makes it very important to get the word out that these can save lives.  They don't stop seizures, but give families a chance to intervene if there is a serious problem.  Epilepsy affects one in every twenty-six, and one in every ten of us will have a seizure at some point in our lives.  Thanks for looking and if you know anyone struggling with epilepsy please share the Danny Did page with them.  It is a great resource and can literally make the difference between life and death for those battling epilepsy.
www.crowdrise.com/bryanlangford
dannydid.org

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back