2013 elk mount done

ElkManDan

Dec 29, 2012
Well I got my elk mount done and back to the house.  I couldn't be more pleased with the quality and the turnaround time.  It was 2 months from the day I shot it until I got it back.  Sorry I have been a little tight lipped with the story but don't worry it should be appearing soon in Extreme Elk Magazine.  It has been a phenomenal year for me, I really feel blessed to have take both the bulls that I did this year.  Combined score of both bulls is just over 700".  I'll be hard pressed to ever match the success that I've had this year but you can bet I'll sure try!  I didn't take a real good picture of my Utah bull european mount but you can see it on the wall in the pictures. 

Just thought I'd share with the best group of elk hunters on the Web!!

Attachments

• elkmt.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 6
  • elkmt3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 2
  • elkmt2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 9
Thanks,  I am really pleased with it.  I cut down the rubbed tree on my last trip out packing out my Utah bull to have him incorporate it into the mount.  The bull pivots on the pedestal mount so I can face him any direction without turning the base.  I might be a little biased but I think it is one of the best mounts I have seen  ;D

congrats! 

whoever did the beautiful work on that animal deserves a little advertising!

Ah yes, I should have put that in there.  Josh Hunt (Deer Creek Wildlife Studios) out of Morgan Utah did the mount.  I actually initially took it to a very reputable Taxidermist here in the Salt Lake valley first.  When I took it in I told them that I hadn't had time to do much research and that I might just have them prep the cape and that I might not have them do it.  They were fine with that and said that they would just charge me for the work that they did. 

After finding Josh's work online and talking with him I went back to the other shop and picked up the cape and took it to him.  My timing is really the reason that it got done so fast.  He was caught up with his work and mine was the first one in of the season.  When I went to pick it up he had numerous mounts lined up already and it would probably be over 6 months if I would have taken it in now.

Quality was the most important thing for me but he also easily beat the other shops price and even credited me the cost that I paid to the other taxidermist to prep the cape.  I can't say enough about his work and customer service.  I'll never take another animal to anyone else.  He is a 75 minute drive from me but I'd easily drive 2-3 hours to take him an animal.

Wow.  2 months is super fast!  Can't wait to read your full story Dan.  Congrats again on a season most of us only dream of!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back