2013 video...the one that got away!

elkmtngear

Aug 9, 2017
This bull should have died on the first morning of our hunt last Season. The shooter is Kenny Hollingsworth, who had some limited elk experience...and the camerman had none. This was being filmed for TNT Outdoor Explosion, but the footage never ran, so I took this clip out of it.

You can hear me cut off the bull with a challenge, and then I start raking and doing some cow calls. Bull was right there behind the spruce trees, and our wind was good (blowing across Kenny a little to the left, and downhill). He obviously caught all the moving around by the shooter and cameraman, and hung up. Frustrating! :x

Anyway, it\'s a very \"real\" account of how things can go sometimes. Hope you guys enjoy it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUJ9Bnc6znM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

cool footage. thats one of the reasons i like hunting by myself. if it gets screwed up nobody to blame but myself

Right on bnsafe! :upthumb: I don\'t know Jeff! That sure don\'t look like unit 13 :eek:

Awesome video. I have to ask. Do you guys get tingles every time an elk is bugling right next to you?

I get them just listening to it on a video, I cant even imagine what will happen once it\'s real life.

How aggressive do you get when you rack brush?

Thanks for posting the video Jeff. Looks like your buddy got a little excited... I thought I heard a little bit of arrow clanging going on?

\"Glacier Country\" said:
Thanks for posting the video Jeff. Looks like your buddy got a little excited... I thought I heard a little bit of arrow clanging going on?

He definitely got excited, as did the camera guy. Way too much screwing around in that scenario...all they had to do was sit still, and wait for that bull to clear the timber.

This was not the first time on that hunt that the response to \"don\'t move\" was to screw around with the camera instead :lol:

14 days of glorious solitude for me this Season ;)

\"iccyman001\" said:
Awesome video. I have to ask. Do you guys get tingles every time an elk is bugling right next to you?

I get them just listening to it on a video, I cant even imagine what will happen once it\'s real life.

How aggressive do you get when you rack brush?

Sometimes a bull screaming in my face makes my hair stand up on end! If I stop feeling that way, I\'ll probably quit.

In answer to the raking question, it somewhat depends on the size and durability of whatever stick I can grab at the time, but I try to simulate what I have seen in the past (I\'ve observed bulls doing it quite a few times over the years). Trust that if they are within 100 yards, they will hear it! :upthumb:

You guys were talking way too loud. My wife could hear you in the kitchen. Maybe I will turn your volume down next time to help you out.

\"elkmtngear\" said:
Sometimes a bull screaming in my face makes my hair stand up on end! If I stop feeling that way, I\'ll probably quit.

In answer to the raking question, it somewhat depends on the size and durability of whatever stick I can grab at the time, but I try to simulate what I have seen in the past (I\'ve observed bulls doing it quite a few times over the years). Trust that if they are within 100 yards, they will hear it! :upthumb:
I hope I am lucky enough to have that experience this year..... I get the chills just listening to it on youtube haha.
Thanks for the tips on the raking. :upthumb:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back