2014 Rut Predictions

Archery Elk Crazy

Jun 21, 2013
With only 48 days until archery elk season here in Colorado, my mind is racing with ideas and predictions of the long waited season ahead.  One big question for me, and probably all of us archery crazed elk hunters, when is the rut going to be in full swing?  I have had many ideas of what causes rut timing, but in my area of Colorado, weather is the determining factor.  This includes summer conditions leading to fall.  This year, under these conditions in Northwest Colorado, I am predicting a earlier rut than last year.  This will put peak of the rut around the middle of September for my area.  What are your thoughts on when the rut will take place? None of us will ever be able to know for sure, but it gives us something to think about to get us just a little more prepared for the epic journey we have all waited for since the end of last season.

I think it'll be an early rut year. Been cool this summer here on the front range. Had bulls haremed up Labor Day last season, bulls were bugling in steamboat last week in aug.. Hope it's like that again! Best of luck

I wish I could say the same for idaho. It has been 100+ degrees and two days ago when I was up in the mountains it was 98 degrees. I think idaho will be later in September again. Last year I didn't hear a thing and it was sept 15. They didn't start bugling in my area unit the 19th.

last year in Montana were im at rut hit hard first week of September, this year its been hotter than normal but late August is the determining factor .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back