2014 season

Archery Elk Crazy

Jun 21, 2013
I am excited to go out and use my new Mathews Creed XS on some rutting bulls.  Anybody else get new gear for this season that you are eager to use?

Our Cabela's frame packs (JS Version) failed miserably on our 2012 hunt so my son and I just upgraded to the Tenzing Pack.  We have been using them this winter to pack in food for the deer camera's.  They are working beautifully.  We also upgraded to a new 2.5 tent from North Face.  I am debating on getting a new bow as well.  May go next week to shoot the newest from Bowtech, Hoyt and Matthews.  I have a 10 year old Bowtech Patriot that still holds it own and has allowed me to take over 20 deer and several turkey with it.  The new ones will need to be something special to get me to buy.  I had upgraded boots to the Meindl 800 gram boots from Cabela's.  They were fantastic in Colorado and work as good here at home in PA.  We logged over 75 miles of walking for the week we hunted in Colorado and I never had sore feet.  The Cabela's Savanah Scentlok worked very well also.

Sticking with the PSE set up, but plan to add a couple new pieces of camo raingear- got a tad wet last year!

I'm also learning diaphragm calls.  Switching from the Primos blue reed call since I want greater range and variance in my calls.  It's quite the challenge to get the hang of.  First time in a while I've been thankful for 7 months before September comes!  Might need the whole time to get confident with 'em

Pat said:
Our Cabela's frame packs (JS Version) failed miserably on our 2012 hunt so my son and I just upgraded to the Tenzing Pack.  We have been using them this winter to pack in food for the deer camera's.  They are working beautifully.  We also upgraded to a new 2.5 tent from North Face.  I am debating on getting a new bow as well.  May go next week to shoot the newest from Bowtech, Hoyt and Matthews.  I have a 10 year old Bowtech Patriot that still holds it own and has allowed me to take over 20 deer and several turkey with it.  The new ones will need to be something special to get me to buy.  I had upgraded boots to the Meindl 800 gram boots from Cabela's.  They were fantastic in Colorado and work as good here at home in PA.  We logged over 75 miles of walking for the week we hunted in Colorado and I never had sore feet.  The Cabela's Savanah Scentlok worked very well also.

my matthews is over 10 this year and i loved it till i shot a new bow at the NWTF now it feels like a club compared to the new ones i shot the Elite 35 it is a bad mamba jamba  but im gonna do the same shooting more or all before i decide in ten years bows have came along way you will be surprised.

my matthews is over 10 this year and i loved it till i shot a new bow at the NWTF now it feels like a club compared to the new ones i shot the Elite 35 it is a bad mamba jamba  but im gonna do the same shooting more or all before i decide in ten years bows have came along way you will be surprised.

I keep bows for about 7 to 8 years. The bow I have now is only two years old

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back