2014 Trail cam pics

Heath74

Jun 27, 2013
Here are a few pics from one of the 2 cameras I put out on 7/11. My parents checked it for me a week later and on the 18th there were over 2500 pics. After going through them there were 1838 with game on them. This was put on a good trail I found last year while hunting. I put some salt out to make sure they would stop so I could get some good pics.

Attachments

• 6x6 & 6x5.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 6x6.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 5
  • cows & calves.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 6
  • mule buck.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 5
Oldcarp said:
Looks like you found the spot. I have the same trail cam

I am glad to see more cows then bulls. There were 7 different bulls on the cam from a spike to the 6X6. I have 8 of those cameras. For $50.00 they are pretty good pics.

Mace375 said:
No way.... You got Moultrie cams for 50 each?? Where did you find this deal?

Here you go. Ebay set of 4 for $ 215.00 with free shipping.  A little less the $54.00. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-MOULTRIE-Game-Spy-A-5-Low-Glow-Infrared-Digital-Trail-Hunting-Cameras-5-MP-/390605865309?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af1ec815d

Just found this link for $53 with free shipping.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moultrie-Game-Spy-A-5-5MP-Low-Glow-Infrared-Game-Camera-12589-/300869309860?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460d3555a4

Heath74 said:
Oldcarp said:
Looks like you found the spot. I have the same trail cam

I am glad to see more cows then bulls. There were 7 different bulls on the cam from a spike to the 6X6. I have 8 of those cameras. For $50.00 they are pretty good pics.

I have had good look with mine. I have three and the most I spent was $70. I am getting a lot of bulls on mine. Fun to look at

I have 3 Multrie cams and I paid 150 each for two of them and around 100 for the 3rd one. The 2 are model M-880s and the 1 is a M-100. Looks like the one you guys are talking about is the A-5? Have you ever had any issues with these?

Mace375 said:
I have 3 Multrie cams and I paid 150 each for two of them and around 100 for the 3rd one. The 2 are model M-880s and the 1 is a M-100. Looks like the one you guys are talking about is the A-5? Have you ever had any issues with these?

Yes they are the A-5. I have only had 1 problem with one. I use a mini SD card in an adapter so I can just put the mini in my tablet and download the pics then put the card back. 1 of the ones I got would not work with any card I put in. I called Moultrie and they replaced it. No other issues and my brother just checked another camera I have out about 2 miles from this one and he said there were 1400 pics on it from the last 3 weeks. I am downloading them right now to have a look.

Here are a few more from another cam. There were 4 different 6x6 bulls and 6 other smaller bulls on this camera. Over 1400 pictures. Also since some have asked if these cameras are good. I put one out last Sept. that I could not get back to until this last Friday. When I got it, it still worked even though there was 10 feet of snow in there this last winter. Had some nice winter pics before the snow covered it.

Attachments

• buck cam 4.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 3 bulls cam 4.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 6x6 cam 4.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 4
RUTTIN said:
Nice, looks like you've got a few to pick from, thanks for sharing with us.

These 2 of the 4 I have out right now. These are 3 miles apart has the crow flies. I also have 1 that is 1.6 mile from these and another that is 15.4 from them. Still have 4 more to put out. We'll see if that happens. May put them out just before the season just in case I can't get anything going at these.

This is my first post as I am brand new to the forum. I'm trying something new this year. Actually I'm trying two new things this year. I have never used trail cameras until the year. I put my first cameras out in mid June. I had mixed results the first two weeks, mostly deer and moose. I relocated a few cameras, and have been getting many more elk photos since. Archery season opens in 4 days and I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can't wait for the season to open. The other new thing I'm trying this year is tree stands. I've never sat in a tree stand before. I spent many years on the ground, calling, running and gunning so to speak, spot and stalk hunting. This tree stand hunting is going to be a whole new experience for me. The photos I'm getting of elk will make the long hours of sitting a little more bearable. Wish me luck, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Here are a few photos from my trail cameras.

Attachments

• IMG_1442.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1446.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1462.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1439.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 2
Some nice bulls there! Take a book or a some games on your phone with you if your setting in a stand, seems to pass the time a little better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back