2019 IDAHO Hunting planning

Bowhunterwill76

Feb 19, 2019
I am planning my first elk/mule deer hunting trip to Idaho.  Having spent my entire hunting life in Oregon chasing elk, blacktails, and mule deer I am excited to going to Idaho and seeing what it has to offer.  Being a disabled vet Idaho has a amazing non res dav hunting program wish other states would follow suit.  In talking to a buddy and a biologist I am currently looking at either the beaverhead, pioneer, or tex creek A tag for elk and OTC deer tag. I am hoping to take my 13 yr old son on the hunt with me and hoping to find an area to pack in a ways to get away from all the road hunters.  Any info and insight from people that have hunted the units would greatly be appreciated.  Not looking for any secret spots just what are you would recommend and what general area to start in.  I am hoping to get out that way in July and August to do some scouting.  Also planning on buying my tags in the near future. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey man!
I'm a DV headed out that way too with one maybe two friends, haven't settled on a unit yet... but have been looking at Selway...(the few year old stories of wolf destruction are giving us some pause) But it sounds like we will be in the woods around the same time, so if you need any help while you are out there or anything like that, maybe we can exchange numbers when things get closer! ill share any information I come across with you on those areas

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back